Introducing the Hymns Illustrated PodcastOct 18, 2021
The Hymns Illustrated Podcast is live and the premiere episode is waiting for listeners like you.
The format is simple (for now) but I look forward to fine-tuning it as we move forward and gaining valuable insight from those who listen.
In this first episode, you'll hear:
- The "why" behind the podcast
- The hymn of the month and its basic background ("Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"
- The rest of the story (i.e. a deep dive into the life of Lilias Trotter, the missionary who inspired Helen Lemmel to write his hymn).
Future episodes will be similar in format as we dive deeper into hymn backgrounds but look for regular guest episodes, too.
These special guest episodes will include actual conversations with believers centered around our hymns -- this is Colossians 3:16 in action!
If you love to listen to Scripture, music and podcasts as you go about your day, then be sure to include Hymns Illustration in your repertoire by subscribing to the show in your favorite podcast player.
And if you want to go the extra mile -- then please leave a review in iTunes. Leaving a review helps others find and listen to the show, too.
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus Hymn Story
- Sign up for the Hymn of the Month Newsletter here.
- Recommended hymn story series: Near to the Heart of God by Robert J. Morgan
- Support the podcast by shopping Hymns Illustrated Resources.
Intro and outro music: Josh Snodgrass (used with permission)
Hymns Illustrated Members dive deeper into hymn studies with monthly study guides, additional hymn appreciation esources (like printable greeting cards, adult coloring pages and word searches) plus a growing library of cross-referenced hymns.
GET THE HYMN OF THE MONTH BY EMAIL
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.