Discover God's Plan for Hymns Beyond the Pew
If you've ever found yourself singing a hymn alone in the car or in the shower or just going about your daily routine —and it was exactly what your heart needed at that moment —you've seen a bit of God's plan for hymns beyond the pew.
A monthly subscription to Hymns Illustrated helps you experience even more.
How It Works
- Starting at just $9 a month, you'll get a monthly hymn study guide and weekly stationery downloads to help you share the encouragement.
- You'll also receive access to the Song of Saints, a members-only podcast and premium access to the Colossians 3 Community.
- For even more resources, including resources for children, consider Hymns Illustrated Plus.
- Monthly Hymn Study Guide (Delivered by Email)
- Weekly Stationery Downloads to Print and Share
- Song of Saints Members-Only Podcast
- Premium Access to the Colossians 3 Community*
- Everything in Premium And These Extra Resources:
- Stanza Studies and Activity Pages Every Month for Kids!
- Reflection Resources (coloring pages, word searches, etc.)
- Online Portal to Access an Organized Library of Resources
*The Colossians 3 Community (C3C) is an online community still in its early stages. It is the most rewarding to those who participate regularly in the conversation and the hymn study challenges posted there. Premium access includes more circles (forum threads) including a prayer circle.
What Happens When I Join?
When signing up, you'll have the opportunity to set your username and password so you can log into your Hymns Illustrated account and access the community and the podcast.
You can listen to the podcast directly from your account or you may add the given RSS feed to your podcast player of choice. You'll receive an email every time a new episode is live and when each new monthly hymn study guide and related resources are available.
If you're not a Plus member, be sure to download the resources you receive by email for forever access.
Hymns Illustrated Plus members will also have full access to the full Hymns Illustrated Library of resources.
You can cancel at any time.
Studying Hymns Beyond the Pew Helps You:
Remember biblical truth in your mind and heart throughout the day
Fellowship more deeply with other believers
Sing and worship with better understanding of the lyrics
Stay near to the heart of God
Learn from the experiences of saints who have gone before you
Lead your family toward more heart-felt worship
2023 Hymn Study Schedule
If your question isn't featured here, please email us.
What Is Your Statement of Faith?
What Is (Hymn)eneutics?
Will I Know When New Resources Are Available?
Do You Have a Money Back Guarantee?
When Will I Be Charged?
Are Church-Wide Memberships Available?
Behind the Scenes
Hi, my name is Kristen Iaffaldano (sounds like Eiffel-day-no) and many years ago I took a college-level hymnology class geared toward church musicians. And I wasn't musical!
And although I often mouthed my way through the hymn singing part of the class— I have absolutely no regrets.
Today I'm still a hymn enthusiast with a passion to help all of God's people apply Colossians 3:16 in their daily lives.
My husband John and I live in a small town in Iowa where he pastors our local church family.
Fun fact: We married when I was 35 and he was a 45 year old widower with three grown daughters. We now have 9 grandkids who call me Kiki.
Like the poet and hymn writer William Cowper wrote, God does indeed move in mysterious ways!